Hey beauties! Charlotte of It Does Not Do To Dwell On Dreams And Forget To Live (Go check her blog out guys, it’s really good!) nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thank you very much Charlotte, I’m so flattered!
The Liebster Award is an award for blogs with under 200 followers, making it a great way to discover less prolific blogs and bloggers who share the same interests as you.
Here are the rules:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers (wasn’t this 10 last time? No matter!)
- Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer
- If today was your last day on this earth, what would you do with it? Just go do some crazy stuff with my friends so they have some great memories to look back on, then spend the evening with my family I guess.
- If you could cure one illness/disease, what would it be and why? AIDS. I think that would just be a terrible way to die because your immune system is gone so the last years of your life you are just constantly sick and there isn’t an effective treatment or anything available all you can do is sort of slow it down. And I read in a newspaper some time ago in one country in the Middle East, I forget which one the “cure” that they are pushing for AIDS is to have sex with young girls. Obviously this doesn’t work, it’s just the sex trade being even more awful. At any rate that is the one I would pick.
- What is your favourite holiday? I’m gonna go with either Halloween or Valentine’s Day.
- In 10 years time, where do you see yourself? Working as a nurse on the coast, hopefully married with a kid/ with kids.
- Private or State school – which is better? Why? I go to public school and there’s nothing wrong with it. People say private school has higher standards for grades a such but I think that’s false. Pass in my school is 60% and you are really pushed to get 75-80% in order to get into the -1 stream. (60-75% is -2.) My school also requires 10 more credits then the province does to graduate and students from SCHS typically do better on diplomas then the province average. And Alberta students are the most sought after in the country for universities. I don’t think there is enough of a difference education wise, at least here to justify paying so much money and having to wear uniforms (I would go insane if I needed a uniform). If you have a religion you follow or art you want to get into then private might be worth it, but there is another public school in the city that is much more arts oriented opposed to my school’s academic so you have plenty of options. there is one private school that I know of where it’s really focused on self teaching and some people like that more so they go there. Maybe in other countries it’s different, I have no idea, but here it’s really even in the quality of education, it’s just a price difference.
- If you had to name two children after characters from a well known fandom, what would you call them (and which fandom)? (Boy and girl) I am naming my child James, and he WILL be called Jem. End of story. (Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare) I also like Damon, but I’ve liked that name before I got into TVD so that probably doesn’t count. And for girls, Alice, as in from Wonderland. Or Gemma (A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray) I like old fashioned names 🙂
- What is/was/will be your major in college? Nursing, specifically BScN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) (hopefully)
- Besides WordPress, which are your favourite three websites? Ummm…YouTube, We ❤ it (my friend made me an account JUST so I could follow her and I got addicted…) and Wikipedia for saving my grades.
- Name something you want to cross off your bucket list in 2014 (if you have one. If you haven’t, make one!) I’m going to Greece! August, I’m so excited! And March I’m seeing a production of Giselle (it’s a ballet) and I have wanted to see that one since I read Dancing Through Fire (By Kathryn Lasky) when I was 10 or something.
- What do you associate with England? The Queen, Union Jack, a bunch of family friends, Tea, rain, accents
- Who would you most love to see in concert? I’d love to see Imagine Dragons again. That was a great concert.
- Storytime with Buffy (I know she has over 200! I don’t care, she’s awesome!)
- Flip that Page
- The In-Between Place
- Jen’s Pen Den
- Stephanie’s Book Reviews
- Read. Run. Study.
- Keep Watching the Words
- What comes Next
- Chronicles of Radiya
- Mom With a Book
- Little Red Knows
Questions for my Nominees!
- What is your ideal vacation?
- What was/is your favourite subject in school?
- Vanilla or chocolate?
- I’m taking this from Charlotte because it was so good: If you had to name two children after characters from a well known fandom, what would you call them (and which fandom)? (Boy and girl)
- Top 3 favourite movies?
- If you won $5 million, what is the first thing you would do?
- You can go anywhere in the world BUT you can never go back when you leave. Where do you go and how long do you stay?
- Best quote?
- What’s your favourite thing to eat/drink in each season?
- What’s one of your guilty pleasures?
- If you were in the Hunger Games, what would be your strategy?