Hello lovelies! So I was nominated for the Liebster Award yesterday night by Stephanie’s Book Reviews and I am so flattered! Thank you so, so, so much! I didn’t expect people to read my blog much less like it enough to nominate me for an award so thank you! My internet was being difficult last night. It would be there…and then it would be gone! So that is why this isn’t coming out until today. The Liebster Award is for up-and-coming blogs the rules are:
- Link back the blogger that tagged you
- Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
- Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Let your nominees know of their award
1. I have a compulsive need to finish a series once I start it. What are your book compulsions?
I have the same compulsion. Even if a series is terrible I need closure and I have to finish it. I typically have a similar one with individual books. I rarely give up on a book and if I do I either have to Google a synopsis or read the last few chapters because I need to have an ending.
2. Does a lot of hype surrounding a book make you more or less likely to read it?
It really depends honestly. If there is a lot of hype it can be intimidating because I don’t want to be disappointed if I have heard such great things about it. I go off what the book is about if it really sounds like something I won’t like I just won;t bother. But 9 times out of 10 if enough people tell me to read a book, I will eventually read it.
3. What book do you love that you’re embarrassed to admit?
I cannot think of any actually. I read some strange books and I have read (and enjoyed) a fair few books where everyone asks “why are you reading that? It was awful.” but I’m not embarrassed by any of them.
4. What book would you love to see as a movie – a movie that faithfully follows the book to a T?
Daughter of Smoke and Bone would be so cool to see as a movie! So would Angelfall. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief if they re-did it right, I would love to see that.
5: How many books have you read this year?
Lots? I don’t really know. I have read 36 this summer so over the entire year I’m going to guess about twice that because I don’t read nearly as much during the rest of the year.
6. Why did you start your blog? What do you to “promote” it?
I actually had a school assignment to write a blog entry (we didn’t publish them online, just typed them up in Word) and I really loved it so I started this blog and just wrote whatever. I can’t say I did anything to promote it because I didn’t expect anyone to read it I was more just ranting to myself. I am just so happy and shocked that people actually read my musings.
7. If you could have any super power what would it be?
I gotta go with shape shifting. Because that’s like every superpower. You can turn into a bird and fly or be a fish or make yourself really small bug so it looks like you have turned invisible.
8. Who would play your favorite author in a movie?
Oh this is a tough one! My favourite author is Cassandra Clare and I don’t know. I guess having her play herself is cheating. That’s two questions I don’t know. Do I fail the questionnaire?
9. If you read a book with terrific writing, but were unsatisfied with the story, do you still recommend it to others?
Probably not. I fall in love with the story line and the characters so even if the writing is great I probably won’t like the book overall.
10. What’s the last book that really surprised you – good or bad?
Off the top of my head, Cross my Heart by Sasha Gould. I liked that book WAY more than I thought I would. I was expecting a bit of a fluffy, silly story and it really shocked me. I picked it up because of the cover and I assumed for some reason that it was a historical-fantasy novel but it’s a historical fiction. That was neither good nor bad, I like both genres, I was just really surprised.
Ok now to nominate 10 people. I don’t follow a lot of people. I recently started trying to remedy that and started following a bunch of new people. (I decided this around noon yesterday when I was working on my The Night Circus Book Rant and it distracted me for a long time. Procrastination!) A lot of you on this list I think I just started following and I read previous post of yours and found them really interesting and I realize that this is kind of creepy. I hope you take it as a complement rather that being creeped out. And some people I follow I never comment or like anything I just read things that catch my eye. So for some of you this might seem out of the blue. I’m that person. I’m sorry. I am also making the assumption that you can nominate people who have already been nominated because I know some of you have been.
- Chronicles of Radiya
- The Day Dreaming, Candy Eating, Red Headed Bookworm
- Books Forget Me Knot
- I Geek Teen Books
- The In-Between Place
- Mom With a Book
- Little Red Knows it
- Bookshelves and Windows
- Read. Run. Study.
Now for my questions:
- What is your favourite food?
- Why did you start blogging and when?
- What is your favourite season?
- If you could travel anywhere (truth or fictional) for a week where would it be?
- What are your book buying methods? Online or in store and do you research a book before buying?
- eBook or real book? Why?
- Which book or series do you have a love-hate relationship with?
- Chocolate or Vanilla?
- If you found a genie, what would be one of your wishes?
- What was the last movie you saw?
Thank you again Stephanie’s Book Reviews! Bye everyone!