Two weeks done! This is the 30 Day book Challenge that I picked up from The Chronicles of Radiya and it’s been so much fun!
Today’s question: What was your favourite author(s) from your childhood?
- Shel Silverstein – The Giving Tree, Giraffe and a Half, Where the Sidewalk Ends, Falling Up all of these books were such a huge part of my life growing up. My mom would read them to me and then my older brother would and then I read them to my little brother. I’m pretty sure Giraffe and a Half was one of the books I “read” because I heard it so much I memorized it then and recited it back while turning the pages.
- Dr. Seuss – Do I even have to explain this one? It’s Dr. Seuss, case in point.
- Ronald Dahl – The very first Ronald Dahl book that I remember reading was James and The Giant Peach I still LOVE that book and the movie is amazing. These were my first “big kid” books that I read by myself that weren’t just picture books.
- J.K. Rowling – I talked about the Harry Potter books in Day 1. They were a huge, huge part of my childhood. I grew up with these characters first in the books and then in the movies. I was really depressed when the books were over and then when the movies ended too I wasn’t really sure what to do because it was like part of my childhood was over.
- Mary Pope Osborne – She was the author of The Magic Tree House Series. I remember the first book in this series that I read was Dingoes at Dinnertime (#20) and I got it when I still lived in Winnipeg so I was in Kindergarten. Between me and my brothers I think we had most of the 28 book series and I’m pretty sure we still have them all in a box somewhere.
Those are my five I will be back again with another challenge tomorrow. Bye!